I want to share with you some of the most amazing aspects of piglets.
I find pigs so wonderful but also so underestimated. Unfortunately, they are a huge percentage of human’s diet. I think it is important to know what we include in our plates, so we make better and concious choices.
I appreciate your reading!
This is the story of a man who found conviction and changed his life for good.
What’s the Furry Fuss?.
I’m re-blogging this guest post from Celeste, who is a California writer exploring the gifts of a vegan lifestyle. David Simon wrote this post for her site to share the experience that got him into a new course in life and now he’s about to share with us all in his book Meatonomics. I invite you to read it and take what you feel connects with you.
via What’s the Furry Fuss? ~ Reblogged.
I’m a Liebster Award nominee
Yes!! A few days ago, I got in my email my favorite king of new messages, it was WordPress letting me know about new comments. So happy I was when I red the comments from Prithi Srikumar at mindurspirit and from the lovely The Infertile Princess saying that they had nominated me for the Liebster award.
Thank you really thank you, your words mean so much happiness for me! Mostly because I love to write in my blog (even if I don’t do it as often as I’d like) and knowing that I connect with people makes me happy!
Following the rules of the game and happy to share the happiness I am making a few lists below…
Liebster Award Rules:
- List eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate eleven bloggers for the award
- Let them know about the nomination
- Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated
- Ask eleven questions for the new award winners to answer
So, here you go the random facts about myself in no particular order:
- I love chocolate. It might sound a bit cheesy, but I do.
- My 16 year old companion is sleeping next to me, as most of the time. She is a Chow mix and I absolutely love her!!!! She and I understand each other even if people think I’m crazy.
- I love art. Looking at works of art or making some myself. From drawing, painting, sculpting, etc…
- I’m transitioning to a vegan lifestyle. The more I find out, the more I want to change.
- I am currently an apprentice at Elephant Journal an online publication dedicated to the mindful life. If you haven’t check it out, you definitely should.
- I am a Nutritionist.
- I love writing. It is one of the outlets I love the most.
- I enjoy working out. There are times when I go running because I love the feeling of wind splashing on my face, but other times I enjoy endurance/strength training. As long as I feel I’m pushing myself I enjoy it.
- I love to practice yoga. Eventually I’ll take a teachers training.
- I enjoy cooking—but not in the summer. Other times I enjoy preparing my food and try to make the time to do it.
- I’m super happy to be writing this post—even thou it’s taken me a lot more than I expected haha
Blogs I nominate:
Questions from Prithi:
- What is your best asset/skill? ammm, I would say that I’m a good listener and supportive.
- Who do you look up to and why? I look up to many people, I get inspired by them in different aspects of life. My mom would be one of them, she is a strong woman!
- What is your dream job like? Working at a Hospital in the Pediatrics wing, but also writing and teaching yoga.
- What do you do to relax? I like to go to open spaces, like the beach or somewhere with trees and water. Dancing always makes me feel energetic too. If it is not possible when I need that relaxing time, I sit inside my closet and either write, draw or just be there for a while.
- If you had to live the rest of your life only on one cuisine (e.g. Italian, Mexican, etc…) what would it be? Mexican!!
- Which famous/renowned person would you most like to meet one day? Leonardo Da Vinci
- What is your motto/philosophy for life? Feel alive and enjoy every day.
- What is your favorite food? It is hard to pick just one, but I would say pastries and bakery stuff!!
- Which book that you have read has changed your perspective in life or inspired you greatly? I think every book I read leaves its mark on the way I see my world afterwards, but naming one would be The 4 agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.
- Which hotel/resort stay was your most memorable? I don’t remember the name haha but it was in Chiapas Mexico, next to waterfalls—beautiful.
- Beach paradise, cultural immersion or urban shopping delight? Which is your most preferred vacation experience? Beach paradise for sure!!
…and questions from The InfertilePrincess
- If you can live anywhere in the world where would you want to live? I want to live in Spain or Italy eventually.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do with your winnings? Build an animal rescue paradise.
- What brings you comfort? Reading, yoga, drawing or making art in general.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? My birthday, because I take myself to special dates the whole month! other than that Christmas, I like the feeling of getting together.
- What is your best memory for 2013? Reconnect with my dad.
- If you had one wish what would it be? Have an animal rescue property.
- Do you prefer apples or oranges? Oranges!
- Are you following my blog? Of course!
- What is your favorite beverage from Starbucks? (can you tell I am a fan?) I’m not really a Starbucks fan, but I like a red tea they have, I don’t know the name because I’ve had it probably two times, but it’s really good. Do you know the name of it?
- What do you do for a living? Go to school and work.
- In 20 years, where do you want to be in life? Be and feel in balance, living consciously; Making my dream job come true (described above) and traveling.
And now, here are my questions for my nominees (which I would like to know, but you are not obligated to answer them, no hard feelings ;))
- What is your life philosophy?
- What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
- Who is your favorite artist?
- Other than you, who do you love the most?
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would that be?
- What keeps you motivated?
- What is your favorite book or work of art?
- Why do you write?
- What is your favorite food?
- What dreams do you have/are you working on?
- What is your favorite place to be?
So, there it is. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to do this! It’s been great to connect with people here!!
I am feeling grateful today!
A few days ago Jess at Defining Wonderland, posted how happy she was for being Freshly Pressed. In order to share the happiness, she decided to make a giveaway.
I decided to enter and what I did not expect happened!
Today I received the prize package in the mail. Here are some pictures to share with you how happy this made me. And actually this is the first time I win something in a giveaway, so this made it extra special!
She made it super customized with little details that I almost did not wanted to open it so I wouldn’t ripe it.
The gift was so pretty! It came with a super fun multi-color pencil which immediately got me writing and doodling around!
I totally loved every detail in that package!! —as you probably can tell by all the pictures.
This made me feel super grateful not only for the prize bag—which I am totally happy for! But also for people with good hearts. People who take a step further and go beyond their reach and then the magic happens.
I feel grateful for the reminder of this simple fact that we often forget dancing around the every day life.
This has also inspired me to keep the ball of sharing the happiness rolling and put some more of myself to the world in those however small good deeds that we all encounter each day.
I am sure that everyone has something to share within themselves. So let’s the magic begin and keep sharing!